• Nulled.is members use your same usernames and passwords to login. If you have any issues message me directly at [email protected]
  • New Members be sure to check your SPAM Folder for your activation link.

Due to the abuse of free accounts, Free members will no longer be able to download. You will need to buy a membership. Upgrade to a Premium Membership today!

Dont forget read our rules Rules! Also anyone caught Leeching this content or Sharing will be banned on numerous networks. Not saying I did not know is simply not an excuse and no warnings will be given for gross violations of our rules. Also no refunds will be given if you are banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them.

• If you are wanting to download any of our premium products then purchase our VIP or SVIP plans

• Make sure that you like the Resource in order to be able to download the product that you want. If in question make sure you are on the overview tab when pressing the like button.
  • Dont forget read our rules Rules! Also anyone caught Leeching this content or Sharing will be banned on numerous networks. Not saying I did not know is simply not an excuse and no warnings will be given for gross violations of our rules. Also no refunds will be given if you are banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them.

Also don't forget we do not allow Multiple Accounts, so all of your accounts as well as your IP will be banned.

How to Upgrade MariaDB 5.5 to MariaDB 10.0 on CentOS 7

Heisenberg

Administrator
Staff member
Site Operator
Admin
Donator
Supporter
S.V.I.P
V.I.P
Member +
Verified
MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL installed by default on CentOS 7, and offers many speed and performance improvements. MariaDB offers more storage engines than MySQL, including Cassandra (NoSQL), XtraDB (drop-in replacement for InnoDB), and OQGRAPH.

Pre-Flight Check
  • These instructions are intended for upgrading from MariaDB 5.5 to MariaDB 10.0 on CentOS 7.
  • I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Core Managed CentOS 7 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.

Step #1: Add the MariaDB Repository
First, you’ll follow a simple best practice: ensuring the list of available packages is up to date before installing anything new:

Code:
yum -y update
Now find which repo you should use with the . We’re going to add the CentOS 7 (64 bit) MariaDB 10.0 repository.

For a refresher on editing files with vim see:

Code:
vim /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo
# MariaDB 10.0 CentOS repository list – created 2014-10-13 13:04 UTC
#
[mariadb]
name = MariaDB
baseurl =
gpgkey=
gpgcheck=1

Then exit and save the file with the command :wq .

Step #2: Remove the Existing MariaDB Installation
Be sure to before proceeding with the following instructions!
Removing MariaDB will remove services that depend on MariaDB!
Stop MariaDB:
Code:
systemctl stop mariadb
Clean-up the repository cache information with the following command:

Code:
yum clean all
Step #3: Install MariaDB 10.0
At this point, installing MariaDB 10.0 is as simple as running just one command:

Code:
yum -y install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client
And then start MariaDB again:

Code:
systemctl start mysql
Be sure that MariaDB is set to start at boot:

Code:
systemctl enable mysql
Code:
Run mysql_upgrade:
Code:
mysql_upgrade
Verify MySQL is now MariaDB by using the command client:

Code:
mysql
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 4
Server version: 10.0.14-MariaDB MariaDB Server

Copyright (c) 2000, 2014, Oracle, SkySQL Ab and others.

Type ‘help;’ or ‘\h’ for help. Type ‘\c’ to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]>

Be Sociable, Share!

Sry for jumping in but it should be noted that before starting such upgrades, doing an out of schedule backup is a good idea. E.g. mysqldump and put the resulting backup aside.
Then starting the process and if one wants to be completely sure, creating a tar archive of the database directory won't hurt too.

Just in case a rollback is required it's basically stopping the DB server instance, downgrading the packages, restoring the tar archive and starting the DB server again.